Thursday 9 January 2014

Secret 7" by Creative Fox

So,you may or may not remember that last year I entered into a competition to design a 7" EP for Laura Marling, I was pleased with the results and although I didn't get to the next stage it was a positive process. I learnt a lot about producing artwork for digital use and how flippin hard it can be to scan something massive (doh right)

This year, I'm doing it again and well it's a little bit different 

Last year it was through Talenthouse where you vote for your favourite but this year they have set up a direct service so my images will be seen by the Secret 7" team and if picked will appear ,with all the other lucky creative types, in the 700 strong exhibition of 7" EPs and all sales go to WAR CHILD ,which is an amazing cause. 
Here's is them explaining a little better:-

"SECRET 7" IS AN ANNUAL EVENT THAT COMBINES MUSIC AND ART FOR A GOOD CAUSE.

We take 7 tracks from 7 of the best-known musicians around and press each one 100 times to 7" vinyl. We then invite creatives from around the world to interpret the tracks in their own style, resulting in a one-of-a-kind sleeve for every 7”. The creatives are made up of famous names through to gems we unearth through artwork submitted to us here on our website."
Exciting eh!

Hold your horses

So this year I have decided to create a piece of artwork for each of the seven songs

The list

Black Sabbath - Age of Reason
Elbow- Grounds for Divorce
Jake Bugg- Strange Creatures
Lorde- Team
Massive Attack- Karmacoma
Roxy Music- Virginia Plain
T-REX- Get It On

Impressive mix right

So , little old me is going to have a go, I know right! I had decided to design all 7 (craftily give myself more chance) using hand drawn techniques and scan in to make the final images and group them as a collective so if nothing else I can develope a style for my portfolio.
So today is drawing with Black Sabbeth

#yearofthefox





No comments:

Post a Comment