During the run up to my last exhibition I started to work on an image for the phrase head in the clouds. I had very specific idea of what I wanted and tried numerous times to get in down on paper. First time I perfected the face, but the body had a weird shoulder and the ink ran too much, next the cloud was good but dress was all off. So by the third try at a final draft I abandoned the image for the exhibition.
In finding the three drawings again I began to work on them in Photoshop, layering the items that worked and deleting the wonky shoulder and hook nose (I had managed in one attempt). I love this way of working and I think the final image is pretty strong.
Sometimes in seems a shame that it doesn’t exist as an original anymore but it will be a handsome print.