Monday 27 June 2011

Be Prolific

Be Prolific - That was someones advise to me the other day in how to be more successful in this "art/illustration" industry

Also, Talk to everyone - easily done, it's getting me to shut up that's the problem.

and last Don't diversify too much. This one I found very interesting. I was always taught to give people lots of options, stretch yourself in different directions and you will catch more people in your creative net. But His point ,and I think rather valid, is there are so many people in the industry who have concentrated on one style that art directors or whomever can look for a specific style before they even request portfolios. There is so much choice for the hirer that you need to focus on what you do best and not appear as a Jack of all trades and master of none.

Curious

No comments:

Post a Comment